As an Intermediate Java Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading-edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real-world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers in Halifax and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, ZooKeeper)
- In-Memory Data Grids (Terracotta)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with the team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in the development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java-based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Minimum 5 years of Java developer experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
About Global Relay
Every day, your employees use communication platforms like email to talk to colleagues, customers, and counterparties. These platforms distribute critical information and keep your organization running efficiently. But they also produce a flood of data that can strain the resources of your IT and business teams.
We help organizations manage and control their communications data. Whether you want to meet regulatory requirements, streamline your eDiscovery process, or improve employee productivity, we can help you achieve your goals. Our services provide all employees with the tools and data they need - helping them make decisions and your organization stay competitive.
In 1999, we developed one of the first cloud computing services. Our innovative email archiving service addressed the growing need for corporate email management. Since then, the world has changed rapidly. Organizations have adopted new methods of communication, data volumes have risen exponentially, and regulatory and corporate governance requirements for recordkeeping and supervision have become increasingly strict. Through it all, we have continued to innovate to help our customers manage, control, and profit from their data.
Today, we operate at the intersection of two of the biggest technology trends – cloud and big data. We manage petabytes of critical data for the world's largest and most powerful organizations. Our team delivers services to more than 20,000 customers in 90 countries, with a focus on financial services and other highly regulated industries.