As a DevOps/SRE Engineer, you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of your service in both production and test environments.
At Global Relay we use leading-edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000’s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
- Ensure service reliability and up-time in production and test environments
- Be on-call and provide 3rd level troubleshooting support when required
- Monitoring up-time and performance of production systems
- Executing common sysadmins (system administration) tasks such as applying patches and report generation and some DB administration
- Occasionally help out in improving tools to reduce repetitive work and improve consistency
- 3+ years experience as production operations or SRE engineer or similar role
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Experience with:
- Linux Teams: Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Window Teams: Windows, PowerShell and Nuget
- RDBS and NoSQL DBs such as Ms SQL, Cassandra
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as feature toggling, no-downtime deployment
About Global Relay
Every day, your employees use communication platforms like email to talk to colleagues, customers, and counterparties. These platforms distribute critical information and keep your organization running efficiently. But they also produce a flood of data that can strain the resources of your IT and business teams.
We help organizations manage and control their communications data. Whether you want to meet regulatory requirements, streamline your eDiscovery process, or improve employee productivity, we can help you achieve your goals. Our services provide all employees with the tools and data they need - helping them make decisions and your organization stay competitive.
In 1999, we developed one of the first cloud computing services. Our innovative email archiving service addressed the growing need for corporate email management. Since then, the world has changed rapidly. Organizations have adopted new methods of communication, data volumes have risen exponentially, and regulatory and corporate governance requirements for recordkeeping and supervision have become increasingly strict. Through it all, we have continued to innovate to help our customers manage, control, and profit from their data.
Today, we operate at the intersection of two of the biggest technology trends – cloud and big data. We manage petabytes of critical data for the world's largest and most powerful organizations. Our team delivers services to more than 20,000 customers in 90 countries, with a focus on financial services and other highly regulated industries.