The Security Analyst is a member of the MDR team. The analyst monitors systems and provides subject matter expertise and technical support to multiple clients.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Provide technical consulting services to clients on the network security controls required for the development of enhancements and the implementation of new and/or ongoing business systems.
- Provide security subject matter expertise to clients in proactive analysis or in incident response scenarios;
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents
- Monitor endpoint behaviours and network activities for security issues and take mitigative actions to contain the activity and minimize damage according to policy.
- Document security incidents by creating investigation and escalation tickets according to internal corporate policies and client policies.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends, security standards and IT security news.
- Troubleshoot internal & external tools to recommend improvements by providing pertinent information and resources.
- Conduct network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis to determine if there have been any attacks on the system
- Answers clients’ inquiries via phone or email in a professional and timely manner;
- University degree in Computer Science or college diploma from a related program
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of Linux, Windows, and MacOS, including CLI for each; Office products
- Exceptional ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Related technical certifications are considered an asset
Work for home during Covid19 restrictions from Government. Must be located in Nova Scotia.
Variable Night shift schedule: 11 PM ADT to 7 AM ADT
- Additional Incentive Salary
- Group Insurance
- Telemedicine service
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement saving plan
- Stock options
- Work-life Balance
- Paid vacations + Additional time off
- Training and Development
GoSecure has been dedicated solely to information security since its founding in 2002. Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of information security services and solutions to meet their specific challenges. We strive to build long-term client relationships based on mutual trust and respect; supporting our clients through all stages of the security process – from strategic planning, technical consulting, implementation, and managed services. Starting with the specific objectives and challenges of our clients, we define the services and solutions that will ensure their business derives true value from information security.