The Titan malware analyst is a member of the Titan Intelligence team. The incumbent monitors internal systems to provide subject matter expertise, technical documentation to various clients and internal departments.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Provide technical analysis by pulling key data from external documents and by updating internal reports and documentation appropriately.
- Provide technical reporting and subject matter expertise to clients and internal departments by proactive analysis of file samples suspected of malicious behavior.
- Monitoring of threat intelligence systems and performing analysis on new threats.
- Research current industry trends and stay up-to-date on security standards.
- Answer clients’ inquiries via phone or email in a professional and timely manner
- Perform document formatting/revisions.
- Coordinate approvals of technical documents, protocols, reports and related documents.
- Establish proper filing, version control procedures and maintain documents and database systems.
- Utilize software skills to write, edit, revise and compare documents according to guidelines
- University degree in Computer Science or college diploma from a related program
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certification is considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of programming using Python and Git Revision Control.
- Good working knowledge of Windows including CMD and Powershell; Linux including Bash; and Office products.
- Proficiency using analysis tools such as Wireshark, Snort, Suricata, etc.
- Keen interest in reverse engineering will be considered an asset.
- Superior attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Customer service experience is an asset
This position is based in an office environment.
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- May include evenings and weekends, when applicable.
GoSecure has been dedicated solely to information security since its founding in 2002. Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of information security services and solutions to meet their specific challenges. We strive to build long-term client relationships based on mutual trust and respect; supporting our clients through all stages of the security process – from strategic planning, technical consulting, implementation, and managed services. Starting with the specific objectives and challenges of our clients, we define the services and solutions that will ensure their business derives true value from information security.