Our division supports digital transformation by collaborating to develop and implement the strategies, policies, new business models, outreach, etc. necessary to support the business and organizational cultural changes required to help government deliver public policy in the digital era.
Are you a high-performing, innovative thinker who is capable of managing multiple priorities? As the Coordinator, you will work collaboratively with our team to assist the Executive Director and leadership team in enabling the corporate functions provided for the Strategy, Policy & Governance Division. In this role, you will provide comprehensive advisory and transactional support on a wide range of office programs and initiatives. As the Coordinator, you will have the opportunity and autonomy to take an innovative approach to how you coordinate vital administrative functions.
Specific areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Branch Operations
- Administration Coordination and Support
- Strategy and Corporate Leadership Coordination
- Corporate Initiatives
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing agenda, formal meeting minutes, follow-up accountability and action items for the Executive Team.
- Developing administration standards, processes and procedures as they relate to digital services.
- Supporting business operations of the Division and developing overarching objectives/strategies to improve functionality and integrity of systems and processes.
- Ensuring digital policy documents move through internal government channels and protocols are followed.
- Ensuring that tasks are managed in a timely fashion and are complete.
- Collecting and analyzing information and presenting findings on complex administration issues, carrying out or coordinating research and preparing reports that influence digital processes.
- Preparing and coordinating presentations and communication drafts for Executive Director’s delivery to internal and external partners.
- Building and maintaining networks across the department to support information gathering and continuous improvement of processes.
Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for a highly engaged self-starter who has experience working across large organizations and with all levels to join our team. The ideal Coordinator excels at multitasking and has a collaborative approach to their work. They are comfortable working with senior leadership and diverse, multidisciplinary teams.
It’s essential that you have at least several years of progressively responsible experience as well as enthusiasm to jump into new topics and learn quickly. You also possess experience with the following:
- Providing a broad spectrum of administrative support and project coordination under minimal supervision.
- Gathering, analyzing and relaying information to help formulate action.
- Improving processes and systems through innovation.
- Training staff and improving work processes.
- Working with stakeholders and partners to deliver projects within a complex organization.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to combine speed and accuracy while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Financial administration.
- A client service approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It’s desirable that you have:
- Experience in an executive assistant role.
- Experience supporting transformational change.
- An understanding of and/or experience working in governance.
The Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department-Specific Flexible working schedules.
- Career support and mentorship.
- The opportunity to make Nova Scotia a better place to live for all citizens.
About Government of Nova Scotia
The Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS) is an organization within the Government of Nova Scotia, with a mission to change the way government interacts with citizens. Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in citizens’ lives. We believe in user-centred iterative digital service design, and practice internet-era ways of working. We focus on:
- Delivering excellent services, built around the needs of users.
- Providing public servants with the digital services and tools they need to enable collaboration, add value, and be effective.
- Supporting and enabling the Nova Scotia public service to use new approaches to deliver better government in the internet era.
Our users come from all walks of life and so do we. We are committed to inclusion and belonging.