We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Tester to join our growing team. As a QA Tester you will be working alongside our engineers to ensure that our code is top-notch. You’ll be performing regular tests on our code, checking for any bugs and glitches, and establishing manual and automated testing schedules.
Your day-to-day duties will include; testing new and existing features, debugging code, reporting errors, and communicating any failures to the team. In addition to this you’ll be developing a comprehensive testing framework to ensure the ongoing quality of our product. You will need hands-on experience of current industry automation and QA best practices along with software testing methodology. This would include the creation and execution of test plans, functional test cases and automated scripts. We are looking for an individual with knowledge of overall architecture of websites and web applications.
In this role you will need to be a team player and an excellent communicator. You need to have a good eye for detail, noticing things that others don’t, for example the fact that we want you to write buffalo at the top of your application to be considered. You will be working with a great team of developers but will also be interacting and closely aligned with our support team, project managers, account managers, and CTO.
- Working collaboratively with the development team to identify and correct errors
- Actively participate in testing for product releases
- Establishing test automation and test methodology (ex: BDD)
- Develop strategies and testing plans in conjunction with the development team
- Create and maintain testing logs
- Conduct pre & post release / implementation testing
- Troubleshoot and document errors, bugs, and missing acceptance criteria with detail and specificity.
- Other Quality Assurance related duties as required
- 2+ years of experience as a QA tester
- Knowledge or experience with PHP, MySQL, and Laravel
- Experience using web based and mobile testing frameworks (ex: Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience using project tracking/management software (Jira)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Heavy attention to detail
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with unit and regression testing
- Experience with testing within the Laravel framework
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using version control systems (ex: Git)
- We are based in Bedford, NS
- Competitive compensation
- Referral bonuses
- We offer great working environment with normal working hours
- Few meetings, few distractions policy
- Fun and relaxed working environment with great work life balance
- Casual dress code
About Guild software Inc.
Guild is a SaaS-based platform that manages licensing and educational data for professional associations, colleges, and unions! Learn more about them, and how they can help save you money & time!