We’re looking for a part-time event coordinator to join our team to create compelling and inspirational events for the Atlantic Canadian technology community. Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of Atlantic Canadians by inspiring them to create, connect with their peers, and provide them with opportunities to grow their careers and interests.
Halihax is the largest community of Atlantic Canadian technology builders with over 1500 members who engage daily through our Slack channel, during our events, and engage with our job board. We believe that by building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of software creators we can help create the conditions for our members to thrive and for the ecosystem as a whole to prosper.
Our community is backed by a federally registered non-profit, sponsored by leading technology firms, and is driven by an experienced team of volunteers dedicated to achieving our mission of inspiring, connecting, and growing the Atlantic Canadian technology ecosystem.
About The Role
As an event coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and running our monthly virtual & in-person events, including, day-of logistics and coordination with speakers
- Managing vendor relationships and the budget for our events program
- Gathering, reporting, and iterating on feedback from our community
- Joining our biweekly meetings to coordinate with our team and other staff to promote our events & community as a whole
- Defining & reporting on KPIs associated with our events program during our quarterly meetings
- Working with our volunteers & community to define our event roadmap and locate strong speakers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong written & vocal communication skills
- An eye for logistics, planning, and organization
- Ability to work independently at their own pace
- Desire to learn, can fail quickly, and iterate on feedback
- Previous experience organizing events
- Ability to work on a part-time contract basis for 10 to 15 hours a month
Working with Halihax:
Work whenever it’s best for you! Our only requirement is that you’re able to attend our organized events (usually weeknights), our bi-weekly meetings (usually Tuesday @ 5:30 PM), and are able to communicate with vendors as needed.
This is a part-time contract position with an hourly rate of $25.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to grow their event coordination skill set and gain exposure to the Atlantic Canadian technology ecosystem. Perfect for someone who is still in school or looking for flexible growth opportunities.
A home for the Halifax startup and technology community.
Halihax, wordplay on Halifax and Hacking, is a community of tech-minded individuals in Halifax, NS. It all started in 2014 as a meet-up series to engage the local developer community out of Volta Labs with free beer, pizza and presentations from local gurus. Unfortunately, due to a changing of volunteers and limited time to devote to managing them, we gave up on the live events rather quickly. Later, the brand was resurrected as a Slack group so that the Halifax tech community could cross-pollinate and share ideas.