- Grow a small but mighty team of designers who are passionate about product innovation and growth.
- Join one of the top digital media teams in Canada and by far the most passionate!
- Build on 26 years of success but lead with the mindset and growth aspirations of a start-up.
- Have the freedom and support to create something truly world class.
- Collaborate with our global ownership group who are growing even faster than we are and are obsessed with top talent and online product innovation.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with various teams to formulate an inspiring design vision and strategy.
- Work with product leadership to develop product vision, create product plans and roadmaps.
- Define UX strategy and evolve our UX processes, research, testing methods and design system to deliver exceptional user experiences.
- Identify, prioritize problems, and major opportunities across the product, and work with cross-functional teams in delivering solutions against those problems.
- Ensure all experiences are reflective of the brand, not just turnkey solutions.
- Navigate ambiguity, create clarity, and drive design excellence throughout the organization.
- Create and implement the roadmap for the team through considered design thinking and analysis of various insights.
- Assess and project business needs to determine resourcing strategies, hiring, developing and mobilizing the in-house design team and engaging freelance designers when needed.
- Lead and mentor while also being hands-on with projects when needed.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years in digital consumer product design.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: able to roll up your sleeves, thrive in controlled chaos, and get things done.
- A strong portfolio of previous work demonstrating expertise in UX strategy, content, interaction, visual design, design thinking and team collaboration.
- A collaborative approach and eagerness to work with teams across the business, such as Engineers, Product Managers, Delivery Managers, and others who may be able to provide a unique perspective to the design process.
- Demonstrable success in creating, launching, scaling, and maintaining digital products.
- Comfort with discussing design at all levels from strategic to pixels.
- Experience coaching UX culture through leading initiatives on design thinking, strategy and research.
- Ability to work on platforms of complex and diverse scope, and to identify creative alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree desired in a visual or experiential design discipline including: Design Thinking, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or comparable work experience.
What We Can Do For You!
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, volunteer days, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Health and dental benefits that start on your first day
- 5% company matched pension contribution
- Annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office and free parking
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company who specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.