Innovacorp is seeking an organized, self-motivated and team-oriented person for the role of venture services coordinator.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia’s early-stage venture capital organization. We work to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. Our goal is to help those companies commercialize their technologies and succeed in the global marketplace.
An early-stage investment is at the core of our business model. We also give entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help accelerate their companies.
Working under the leadership of Innovacorp’s manager of venture services, the venture services coordinator plans and delivers stage and sector-specific programming to attract and support early-stage technology ventures.
Passionate about entrepreneurship, you are someone who thrives on well-executed programs that deliver real value to the people who participate in them. You are a confident communicator and natural networker, as comfortable chatting with a start-up founder and corporate partner as you are with a company CEO or technology expert. You instinctively take initiative in all areas of responsibility, can effectively prioritize your work, and pay attention to the details. You know collaboration is essential as you work with the broader Innovacorp team, entrepreneurs, industry representatives and other organizations to help build and deliver first-rate initiatives that support Innovacorp’s brand and mission.
You are proactive and solution-driven, and a versatile and hard worker. Your peers would be quick to describe you as a do-what-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done professional with a great attitude.
Job duties include:
- Planning, coordinating and delivering a wide range of programs, competitions and regional activities
- Reaching out to current and potential clients, partners and others in the ecosystem to evaluate opportunities and provide support
- Researching sectors, companies and business issues, and finding experts who can help clients
- Working across internal teams on social media messaging, reporting or client deliverables
- Working with partner organizations to coordinate delivery of shared programs
- Preparing agreements, scheduling, and organizing meetings and agendas
- Evaluating and organizing applications, facilitating review meetings and communicating with clients throughout the process
- Engaging with business and subject-matter experts to deliver workshops and advise program clients
- Evaluating program effectiveness through feedback from clients, facilitators or other parties
- Promoting Innovacorp and its programs to community and stakeholder groups
As the ideal candidate, you have a business degree or diploma plus at least three years of related experience. You have strong written communications skills and problem-solving abilities and can think on your feet in a fast-paced environment. Experience doing business research and analysis and having an interest in emerging technologies would be definite assets. If you are already familiar with start-ups, business incubation or acceleration programs, that would be a bonus as well. You are MS Office proficient and easily adopt new computer applications. You may need to be able to occasionally travel independently to communities around the province. And you are honoured to live the Innovacorp values of Respect, Integrity, Cooperation and Excellence.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early-stage venture capital organization. It works to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia start-ups that strive to change the world. An early-stage investment is at the core of Innovacorp’s business model. It also gives entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help them accelerate their companies. Target industries include information technology, life sciences, clean technology and ocean technology.