About the job
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the short, mid and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. The IT Asset Manager will be responsible for the development of IT Asset and Configuration Management processes, tools, governance models, metrics, and integration of processes for the Enterprise. The candidate must partner effectively with all IT Organizations, including strategic partners to ensure robust processes and tools.
- Owns, manages, and improves IT Asset and Configuration Management processes and systems in ServiceNow including hardware assets, enterprise software, licenses and latest asset inventory in ServiceNow
- Develops and maintains IT Asset and Configuration Management principles, standards, plans and procedures
- Establishes new and administer existing automated interface/integrations with auto-discovery tools to collect, reconcile and maintain Hardware Asset, Software, Licensing and CI information in ServiceNow
- Planning, monitoring, and recording software license and hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
- The candidate will be driving IT Asset refresh planning exercise with stakeholders
- Prepares Management reports to give a business segment or service wise view of hardware and software investments and forecasts
- Responsible for management of vendor resources supporting IT Asset management processes and tools
- Ensure process standardization across IT Organizations, vendors and partners. Partner effectively with all IT Organizations, including strategic partners in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure robust Service Delivery
- Set, track, report, and improve key performance metrics which demonstrate the effectiveness of asset management processes
- Establish governance mechanisms, reporting and related tool automation
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree (required)
- 10+ years of IT Asset management experience
- Strong Asset and Configuration management experience managing large CMDB and knowledge of discovery tools
- Experience with HAM, SAM and CMDB modules in ServiceNow is highly preferred
- Proficient in the technologies support SACM including hardware and software assets, auto-discovery tooling
- Relevant ITIL and ServiceNow certifications
- Strong understanding of ITIL best-practices and processes, 1 or more ITIL Intermediate certification required, Expert certification preferred
- Successful experiences working with external sourcing partners
- Excellent management and strong leadership skills, including an ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in data analysis and dashboards
- Ability to facilitate a diverse set of stakeholders through decisions
- Solid experience with relationship management, conflict management, persuasion, negotiation, and stakeholder management