As a Front End Web Developer in Research and Development, you will be responsible for developing front-end solutions that delight users. This position is part of our UX team and will working closely with our UX Designers, Product Owners, Sales and Support teams.
The Front End Developer will use their functional and technical skills to code user-side applications, including visual elements like menu bars, clickable buttons and the overall layout of websites or web applications with a strong focus on customer and user experience.
Utilization of interpersonal savvy is required to build and maintain effective relationships within the organization and with our customers.
This position reports to the Director of Product Quality.
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on instruction and collaboration with UX designers
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Effectively plan and estimate work
- Utilize a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Work with UX designers to understand and fix usability issues in our product suite
- Create code from low and hi-fidelity mock-ups
- Create and maintain component libraries that can be used across product suites such as Atomic design principles
- Work with and collaborate with back-end developers when necessary
- Utilize problem-solving techniques to work on usability bugs in concert with UX design direction
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in using an iterative approach to design, through the utilization of agile methodologies
- Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment
- Experience with back-end coding is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Git Flow
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange). and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high calibre technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially, the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.