Constellation Payment Processing (CPP) is seeking an experienced Manager of IT professional who has a demonstrated business acumen and ability to manage third-party service providers, hosting facilities, and closely coordinate with business and operations teams in support of the company’s production infrastructure and regulatory compliance. The primary focus will be the maintenance and administration of the company’s internal, production and development environments. The key skillset includes experience supporting network, server, desktop and Telecomm technologies and extensive hands-on knowledge of AWS. The role also requires a detailed understanding of payment processing, the related operational and regulatory regimes and strategic agility while exhibiting the highest level of decision quality. The Manager of Information Technology position will report to the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them to ensure alignment with established organizational goals
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by stake holders
- Planning: Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Administer local and remote PCI certified IT environments company-wide
- Implement and Manage a level 4 PCI program for all merchants processing within the CPP PayFac environment
- Informing: Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Work closely with management and vendors for product/service acquisitions and when necessary, to resolve technical problems with hardware/software
- Problem Solving: Ensure ongoing usability of production servers, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established company standards and guidelines while ensuring optimum equipment performance and longevity
- Functional/Technical Skills: Provide desktop support to staff members as needed
- Document all processes, procedures and tasks
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Technical Learning: Research and recommend new products.
- 3-7 years experience working in a Healthcare or Financial environment preferred
- Must be able to understand security risks, requirements and best industry practices when it comes to implementing environments and operating procedures
- Experience with modern Windows and OSX operating systems (Installation and Maintenance)
- Experience with Windows Domain management and concepts
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Virtualization solutions
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS
- A comprehensive understanding of networking (TCP/IP, HTTP/S, VPN, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with VOIP phone systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational are required.
- Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals
- The ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines and established response times is essential
- Peer Relationships: Proven ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other professionals in order to provide support and resolve issues is a must.
- Priority Setting: Must be able to remain flexible with changes in priorities for various task and project assignments
- AWS Cloud Practitioner- Basic AWS Products and Use Cases Experience Certification preferred
- Security+ – a basic level of security concepts and architecture Certification preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Additional pay: Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high calibre technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially, the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.