Critical Impact’s cutting-edge technology and marketing expertise simplify the Marketer’s quest for effective email marketing. We help all businesses connect with their customers, members, or students in a far more impactful way than traditional e-marketing affords. Applying Critical Impact’s innovative e-marketing technology, it’s simple to deliver rich, dynamic newsletters, marketing messages, and surveys that provide the impact you’re looking for.
Our Mission is to make organizations more successful by reliably and consistently delivering practical, technology-driven, business solutions enhanced by great service. We achieve this by recruiting, developing, and retaining a great group of highly motivated and hard-working team members.
Operating under the Jonas Software Group, we are a proud subsidiary of the public company, Constellation Software, Inc. (CSI), an international provider of market-leading software with revenues of over $3.5 billion USD and 20,000+ employees across the globe.
Critical Impact is expanding! We are seeking a Full-Stack MERN Developer to join our development team. You will be involved in all stages of the product development, including designing, developing, deploying, and supporting new and existing applications.
Your time will be primarily focused on new product development as an experienced developer and positive team player.
- 4+ years of professional full-stack development experience.
- 4+ years SQL experience using MySQL, MariaDB.
- 2+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications and services.
- 2+ years of experience developing MERN stack applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Node.js, React, Ajax, JSON, NPM, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with NoSQL including MongoDB.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience integrating apps with APIs and other web services via REST.
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Proficiency using versioning with Git.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Strong interpersonal and team relationship skills; able to work well individually or as part of team.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Ability to learn and master new technology and committed to continuously learning.
- Learning on the Fly: Be ready and willing to jump in to learn new aspects of existing systems and new systems, as well as new frameworks and technologies.
- Composure: Ability to focus on the task at hand. You get the job done with the best possible result for the time given.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinar tools, and Internet-based collaboration systems and programs.
- Experience developing SMS services (preferred).
- Experience developing email services (preferred).
- SAAS development experience (preferred).
- Full-stack application development with a focus on React and Node.
- UX design and implementation.
- AWS support.
- Work closely with the project manager and development team to implement feature specifications.
- Work effectively with the development team to ensure project success.
- Professionally and effectively work with clients to implement technical solutions ensuring client satisfaction.
- Customer Focus: Maintain continual awareness that your job output directly impacts the entire organization and our customers.
- Creativity: Develop innovative solutions to software problems that maintain a high degree of quality and keep our customers happy.
- Time Management: Follow efficient processes to achieve a high level of productivity, maintain exemplary application performance, and coordinate timely development responses to critical customer issues.
- Problem Solving: Continually evolve new ways of proactively and prescriptively finding application functionality and performance problems, and then establish effective and innovative ways to resolve and prevent the problems.
- Review and contribute to technical design specifications, diagrams, wireframes, and client Statements of Work to address both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging software technologies and take initiative in their adoption when they are a good fit for the company.
- MERN stack (Mongo, Express, React, Node)
- MySQL, MariaDB
- Scrum Agile Methodology
- IIS, Apache Web Server
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high caliber technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.