At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded leader in fitness software and billing services with our 30+ years experience in the industry providing a firm and stable foundation for our customers. We have been pioneers of technology for decades with our development of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) processing, and continue to strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of “Software for Life” and as an ambassador for product innovation, quality, and customer service.
As part of our team, you will find a fun, fast-paced and rewarding culture that embraces an agile and continuous improvement mindset. To learn more about Jonas fitness and who we are, head over to Jonas Fitness.
As a Scrum Master, you will build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, or judgement, with an emphasis on learning and problem-solving.
This role requires having a drive for results, keeping the teams focused on team building and sprint goals while staying connected to the release, product results and company goals.
Leading by example, you will support teams by using a servant leader management style. The ability to listen and understand problems and concerns is key to the success of this position.
This position reports to the Director of Product Quality and is part of our Research and Development team.
- Coaches the Scrum Team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset and communicates effectively, both internally and externally
- By recognizing team strength and weaknesses, works with the team to get them to a high performing level
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to the theory, practice and guidelines
- Works with the Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive decision making supporting the organizational project and product teams
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum within the organization
- Reports on team effectiveness by utilizing velocity tracking or other metrics and tools
- Facilitate, plans and supports all scrum events; sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, and sprint retrospectives
- Works with Agile Coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role
- Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus, or equivalent work experience
- Use of Agile and Scrum Methodologies during the course of studies
- Outstanding communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Enjoys self-development, keeping current on emerging processes and practices around Agile
- Full understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
- The utilization of agile work management tools is a plus
- Understands conflict management principles and can facilitate team conflict discussions
- Continuous improvement mindset
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high calibre technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially, the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.