Critical Impact is expanding! We are seeking a Senior Full-Stack MERN Developer to join our team. You will be involved in all stages of the product development, including designing, architecting, developing, deploying, and supporting new and existing applications.
Your time will be primarily focused on new product design, architecture, and development, as well as being a technical resource for more junior engineers joining the team.
- Full-stack application development with a focus on React and Node.
- Systems architecting and design.
- AWS DevOps including setup and support.
- Mentor and guide junior development resources to contribute to the team more effectively.
- Show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Work closely with the development manager to define feature specifications.
- Professionally and effectively work with the development team to implement technical solutions ensuring client satisfaction.
- Creativity: Develop innovative solutions to software problems that maintain a high degree of quality and keep our customers happy.
- Time Management: Follow efficient processes to achieve a high level of productivity, maintain exemplary application performance, and coordinate timely development responses to critical customer issues.
- Problem Solving: Continually evolve new ways of proactively and prescriptively finding application functionality and performance problems, and then establish effective and innovative ways to resolve and prevent the problems.
- Review and contribute to technical design specifications, diagrams, wireframes, and client Statements of Work to address both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging software technologies and take initiative in their adoption when they are a good fit for the company.
- 6+ years of professional full-stack development experience.
- 4+ years SQL experience using MySQL, MariaDB.
- 3+ years of full-time experience architecting and developing MERN applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Node.js, React, Ajax, JSON, NPM, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with hosting and development using AWS.
- Experience integrating apps with APIs and other web services via REST.
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation.
- Proficiency in using versioning with Git.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team relationship skills.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and committed to continuously learning.
- Ability to learning on the Fly.
- Experience developing SMS services (preferred).
- Experience developing email services (preferred).
- Experience developing SAAS applications (preferred).
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high calibre technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially, the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.