This role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing industry leading suite of products from the Database through User Interface, with the ability to write clean code with scalability in mind. As a Software Developer III, you will participate in all areas of the software development life cycle including gathering and analyzing requirements, coding, debugging, and testing to ensure applications are accessible to a diverse user base and the solutions developed must be adaptable to various implementation/design scenarios. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work closely with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. The experience level required for this position is greater than 5 years.
- Develop, test and implement software applications
- Be technical lead and resolve technical difficulties
- Break large stories into functional tasks
- Conduct code reviews
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Work closely with software support on customer reported issues
- Participate in root cause analysis of issues.
- Prepare estimates and written design specifications for enhancements and/or new development. Work with Product Managers, Senior Developers,
- Product Analysts and/or other subject matter experts as necessary to determine project scope and methodology.
- Identify and recommend software improvements
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Help other members of the team while still getting your committed work completed
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Full stack software development
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate, recommend and select 3rd party components which will make the development life cycle shorter and more productive
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work with business stakeholders and customers to refine acceptance criteria
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of C# and the .net framework
- Experienced in implementing secured coding practices and have deep knowledge on OWASP and PCI guidelines.
- Able to maintain and develop commented, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Effectively collaborate with peers to resolve defects
- Interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Ability to learn and master new technology and is personally committed to continuously improve though self-development.
- Ability to learn on the fly and be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity when facing new problems.
- Must be highly motivated to succeed. Desire to provide outstanding products and customer service. Extremely detail oriented and dedicated to follow through in all work. Focuses on project quality, completeness and thoroughness.
- Flexibility in design and development approach, with ability to adapt to different styles for different projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to cope successfully with diversity and complexity in a dynamic environment.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Strong knowledge of .net platform
- 5+ Years’ Experience in software development
Work With Us
Jonas Software is not your typical tech company, we offer a unique experience!
We acquire, manage, and build industry-specific software companies globally and have acquired over 100 companies and have over 2,500 employees. Jonas Software Solutions is a Halifax hub for software companies to hire remotely allowing them to hire the best talent in the market in beautiful Nova Scotia.
You will be working online with the Jonas Fitness Inc. team which means you will have the opportunity to have a flexible work environment! Jonas Software Solution’s has a waterfront office in downtown Halifax which is a hub for all of our different business unit employees. Many employees come into the office to work when they want and even get the opportunity to collaborate with other employees from our other teams! Best part is, you will get to pick what work environment works best for you whether that be work from home, in the office or a mix of both!
Our teams at Jonas Software Solutions are all about having fun! We have a large office space with a full kitchen, and we even have games in the office to help our employees when they need a break. We also get together as a full team to do activities both in the office and outside the office, taking advantage of all the great sites and activities that Nova Scotia has to offer. We believe a job is more than just a job description, we believe that it is about working together and creating lasting relationships!
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high caliber technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.