Jonas Fitness, Inc. was created from the acquisition of the software, clients, billing services and other assets of Club Solutions by Fiserv, Inc. We are a division of Jonas Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise management software and billing solutions to a variety of industries, including golf and private club, fitness, sports and leisure, attractions, foodservice, construction and many more.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded global leader in fitness software and billing services. We strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of “Software for Life” and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
The software developer II is responsible for maintaining and enhancing industry leading suite of products from the Database through User Interface, with the ability to write clean code with scalability in mind. As a Software Developer II, you will participate in all areas of the software development life cycle including gathering and analyzing requirements, coding, debugging, and testing to ensure applications are accessible to a diverse user base and the solutions developed must be adaptable to various implementation/design scenarios. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work closely with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions. Additionally, you must be able to work independently, create robust solutions and troubleshoot across all layers of the applications.
- Take ownership of products
- Break large stories into functional tasks
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues
- Full lifecycle application development
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis,
- Software review, identification of code metrics, system risk
- Object-oriented Design
- Event-Driven Architecture
- Develop, test and implement new software features
- Implement new software solutions
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Design and update MS SQL and PostgreSQL Database
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Maintain and improve the performance of software
- Clearly communicate with management and team members
- Test and maintain software to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve a resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Identify and recommend software improvements
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements into design documents
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership, a service-oriented mentality, and will proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Experience in C# Programming
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with CodeCommit, GIT Repositories, and GIT Flow
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Has the functional and technical skills to design, develop, test, implement and maintain C# and web applications and web services with SQL Server or
- Working knowledge of WebSockets and Data Streaming using Kafka
- Able to maintain and develop self-documenting, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Knowledge of .net platform
- Effectively collaborate with peers to resolve defects
- Interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Continuously provide technical improvements to internal tools and libraries, as well as share best practices
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns
- Ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Problem-solving abilities, and the ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Be able to participate in on-call rotation.
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Working on large enterprise distributed systems
Preferred candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- Experience and Knowledge of AWS Cloud Technologies
- Prior experience with Agile development and iterative development methodologies. Scrum, Pair Programming, TDD, Unit Testing
- Is easy to approach and works well with others
- Involvement with the local development community; active in forums and/or newsgroups
- Prior experience in the health and fitness industry
- Prior experience building Service-Oriented and Event-Driven Architectures
- Easily catches on to new technologies and concepts and can help others with them
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high caliber technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.