97 Display is a marketing software company that builds and maintains websites for brick and mortar businesses. 97 Display is rapidly growing, recently adding a Mobile App to its list of products and technologies.
The Junior Software Developer for the 97 Display product development team is responsible for creating next generation applications within a suite of products from the Database through User Interface, with the ability to write clean code, fix bugs, and assist under the Product Owner and Scrum Master.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership, a service oriented mentality. We are looking for someone with experience with, or interested in learning mobile app technologies along with our .NET based technologies. This requires a proven ability to articulate ideas and the ability to work with a development team to produce industry-leading solutions.
- Able to maintain and develop commented, well-engineered and tested code based on the outlined business logic
- Effectively collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to resolve defects
- Ability to interact with team members to plan and estimate development tasks
- Continuously provide technical improvements to internal tools and libraries, as well as share best practices
- Prior experience building multi-tier, distributed web or mobile applications
- Thorough understanding of theoretical concepts such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Strong desire to continually expand knowledge, learn and adapt to new tools and technologies
- Minimum 2+ years application development experience using Microsoft .NET technologies including VB.NET and C#.
- Web development experience using MVC5, HTML5, MS SQL, EntityFramework, WebAPI2 and Kendo UI (2+ years).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with REST API and JSON.
- Familiarity with Dependency Injection Frameworks.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Azure Devops, and NuGet package management.
- Relational database and dimensional database modeling experience.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain a high level of project quality, and timely project delivery.
- Excellent debugging skills; able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple System components.
- Experience with mobile app development for both native iOS and Android platforms, using XCode and Android Studio IDE.
- Familiarity with Swift and Kotlin.
A successful Junior Developer will:
- Assist in the success of regular deployments
- Maintain an effective product by prioritizing bug fixes
- Produce clean, valuable features and functionality with minimal amount of bugs
- Assist in maintenance and development of our Mobile App, “LeadCore”
- Assist product development team with obstacles or roadblocks
An unsuccessful Junior Developer will:
- Unreliable product releases with prevalent bugs
- Unable to problem solve various stakeholder issues
- Contribute to an overloaded Product Development Team
- Have an unproductive relationship with stakeholders
- Fail to produce sufficient bug fixes
About Jonas Software Solutions Inc.
Jonas Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) . and employs over 2,500 team members working in 95+ software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Our unique model enables each business leadership team to make operational, investment and cultural choices locally whilst befitting from the collective support and strength of the wider organization. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support the increasing demand for high caliber technical resources, we are in the process of launching a new operation in downtown Halifax – ‘Jonas Software Solutions’. Initially the new team will connect virtually like our group is across the globe before moving into our new Grade A office in a prime location on Barrington Street as the COVID-19 restrictions lift.
Jonas Software Solutions will be home to a diverse workforce of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, Designers, Database Administrators (DBAs), Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience and be an integral part of Jonas business units across North America.