Reporting to the Director, Software Development, the Sr. Software Developer will be responsible for resolving complex technical development and design issues to precise technical specifications in a timely manner. The successful candidate will have a solid software development background showcasing expert knowledge and experience in PHP programming with MVC architecture and should be able to work within a team focused environment writing code for modern frameworks. The Sr Software Developer will play a role in developing and deploying the highest quality products that exceed the needs of our dynamic customer base, within an environment of accountability and success. In this position, you will participate in the creation of software products following established guidelines and best practices. Working with your team, you will be challenged to write innovative, concise, well-tested code of the highest quality to exact specifications.
- This position will have the opportunity to build online SaaS projects and web applications for Kinduct’s partners.
- Work within an Agile methodology with teams of Client Account Managers & Product Owners to create best-in-class software.
- Develop core functionality and components for applications; services and websites, in support of Consumer and B2B facing users, by starting with
- business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
- Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
- Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code.
- Identify code/functionality that can be refactored and reused; isolate and improve upon it, and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team.
- ‘Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for Technology Solutions and other divisions.
- Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure Web Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
- 5+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge and experience in PHP programming
- Expert knowledge and experience with Laravel or other MVC framework for PHP
- Expert knowledge and experience building secure Restful APIs
- Expert OOP knowledge including best practices such as SOLID principles
- Experience with modelling techniques such as UML
- Knowledge of industry best practices in architectural and design methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with unit testing
- Knowledge and experience with mocking frameworks
- Knowledge of version control software such as GIT
- Knowledge and experience working with databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Creative and problem solving mindset.
- Take initiative with seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure;
- Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress;
- Ability to define requirements and manage tasks with multiple deadlines under minimal supervision ;
- Display reliability, integrity and trustworthiness;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies during a product life cycle;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Displays creative and innovative thinking;
Acceptance of differences in team members and a strong commitment to teamwork, cooperation and healthy behaviours.
What Sets You Apart:
Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
Proactiveness, clear communicator of thoughts and ideas and fast learning.
Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Kinduct.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, and the opportunity to build exciting new software and impact change with how we manage health and movement information around the world, then look no further. We at Kinduct are looking forward to hearing from you, and to welcoming you to our ever growing mCube family!
About Kinduct Technologies
Kinduct Technologies (www.kinduct.com) is a leading data and analytics software provider that is changing the way information shapes human performance and health management. Kinduct's highly secure, cloud-based platform allows sports, health and wellness organizations to spend less time managing their data and more time using it to inform decisions, promote constant improvements and produce exceptional results. Kinduct is the software provider of choice for many world-leading professional and elite sports, human performance and Healthcare organizations across the globe. Kinduct, having been acquired in 2020 by mCube, a fabless semiconductor company, has joined hands with the mCube family of companies along with Xsens, a creator of 3D motion tracking technology products and together their three solutions are leading the way in motion technology.