The Naval Programs teams span across Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin)’s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, and Dartmouth), opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The candidate will participate as a Cyber Architect of the Naval Development team in a multi-disciplined team environment to perform tasks such as requirements Verification and Validation (V&V), support security testing activities, issue analysis and resolution related to multiple subsystems.
The Cyber Architect will develop cybersecurity solutions to assure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the information systems of national and international programs. This will include the creation of cybersecurity architectures and other security artifacts for multiple information systems including:
- Design and implement structures to thwart malware and hacker intrusions in very large and complex military systems
- Information segregation (separating classified / unclassified information)
- System needs for security / Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A)
- Access control systems and methodology
- Utilize the latest intrusion monitoring techniques / continuous monitoring
- Centralized audit
- Tamper proofing
- Traceability to security standards and guidelines
- Facilitate system hardening/penetration testing / ethical hacking
- Network security
- Communicate with government officials and contractors.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services. Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or accreditations in cybersecurity engineering
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in cybersecurity, systems engineering, or a related field
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence, to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.