Specific Job Description
The Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) will be an advanced and modern combat ship, equipped with next generation technology to capably support and protect the men and women of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) as they fulfil their wide range of missions around the world, from humanitarian assistance to high-intensity conflicts, for the next 40+ years. The program is currently in the design phase with work underway for the Preliminary Design Review (PDR).
The Estimator will work in close collaboration with program and engineering teams to generate and review labour and material estimates.
Specific tasks include:
- Support development and review of estimates from engineering and product teams for engineering changes
- Develop and/or maintain estimating processes and support Basis of Estimate (BOE) constancy
- Support generation of program implementation cost estimates including combat system and shipboard tasks
- Support generation of staffing plans
- Support planning and scheduling functions
- Develop/maintain cost models and estimating parametrics
- Depending upon the price quality required, exercising sound judgement in leveraging a blend of estimation methods, including but not limited to extrapolation of costs from historical data and parametric type analyses, bottoms-up estimates, as may be best suited to meet the needs of the team in meeting the task objectives
- Support development of cost risk registers and factored contingencies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- The candidate will have an appropriate degree from an accredited university (e.g. Business, Science, Engineering etc.), or equivalent experience/combined education, along with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with the assignment
- Must have excellent organization skills and analytical ability to develop and deliver concise presentations representing estimates
- Minimum 8 years of experience in estimation in an engineering and naval ship building environment
- Must be able to establish and maintain relationships
- Results oriented with an ability to deliver.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence, to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.