The Naval Programs team spans across Lockheed Martin Canadau0027s main project sites (Kanata, Montreal, Dartmouth), opportunities are available at all sites for supporting Naval Combat Systems Programs and Proposal Capture activities.
The candidate will participate as a Subsystem Systems Engineering member of the Naval Development team in a multi-disciplined team environment working on the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for their responsible Subsystem within the large-scale high complexity naval platform systems.
The candidate will participate in engineering activities including but not limited to:
- Technical definition and development of the system design and architecture
- Lead and coordinate system design activities with the engineering staff and supporting technical reviews
- Performing engineering planning and statusing
- Performing requirements analysis
- Performing trade studies
- Reviewing requirements, requirements allocation and trade studies
- Performing system modelling and design, including Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Defining and tracking of Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs)
- System architecture and design
- System integration planning
- Design documentation
- Following systems engineering processes and best practices
- Continuously drives process excellence; focuses on enhancing project execution by leveraging proven processes, sharing lessons learned and adopting best practices from other parts of the business or industry
- Customer interaction, ensuring customer involvement and overall satisfaction.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in software, hardware, systems, mechanical, electrical, electronics engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3years of relevant professional experience
- Equivalent experience/combined education will be considered
- Experience with Software, Systems, Hardware or Maintenance engineering lifecycles
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence, to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.