Reporting to the Program Sourcing Lead, the Subcontract Program Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing assigned subcontracts and acting as lead for the associated Subcontract Management Teams (SMTs). The assigned subcontracts are in support of ongoing and new naval projects/programs.
As SPM, the successful candidate will assume responsibilities that include the following efforts/tasks:
- Program performance of all assigned subcontractors
- Program controls and metrics for all assigned subcontracts
- Performing and supporting subcontract risk mitigation efforts
- Developing a negotiation plan for achieving material/subcontract decrements for subcontractors, engineering estimates and services; objective is to meet/exceed proposal cost targets and increase program reserve
- Ensuring that subcontractor meets/exceeds the Industrial and Technology Benefits (ITB) and Canadian Value Proposition (CVP) goals for the program acquisitions
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) for subcontracts/materials reporting and ensuring Sourcing/Program Manager (PM) leadership is well informed on progress and any necessary corrective action plans
- Developing a successful warranty coverage plan from suppliers that meets program objectives
- Developing and executing performance liquidated damages and incentive approaches with key/critical subcontractors/suppliers
- Business relationship development/strategic planning and partnering
- Strategic and teaming agreements generation, execution and maintenance
- Ensuring there are no red subcontractors
- Leveraging commonality between programs and integrating with corporate to bring corporate leverage wherever possible
- Implementing a supply chain strategy that meets/exceeds program/customer expectations
- Implementing risk mitigation tools to reduce/eliminate program risks for any core/critical suppliers/subcontractors using tools such as Risk Based
- Assessment Tool (RBAT), Technical Kick-off (TKO) events and other Lean Six Sigma tools/techniques
- Implementing an organizing concept for the execution phase of the program (post award); working in a matrix assignment to ensure that functional and programmatic leaders are informed on progress
- Performing other assignments as directed in support of the business
- Work base location could be any of the following Lockheed Martin Canada sites: Ottawa, Montreal or Halifax.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Engineering, Science or Business degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience/ education combination with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
- 10+ years equivalent experience in engineering, project management, contract/subcontract administration or pertinent experience on complex military programs or similar programs
- Proven strong contracting skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong program management skills
- Demonstrated innovative approaches through concept to implementation for subcontract/teaming management.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence, to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.