The successful candidate will be called to work at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Stadacona in Halifax once the necessary security clearances have been granted by the government of Canada.
Lockheed Martin Canada Inc. (Lockheed Martin) is Canada’s most successful Combat System Integrator (CSI) specializing in large sophisticated integration projects. We take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems for naval warships.
The candidate will lead all aspects of Cyber Security and related Engineering for the Halifax Class Frigate In-Service Support (ISS) Program, specifically supporting the reduction of Cyber Security Risk for the Royal Canadian Navy through the development of Cyber Security risk mitigation plans, System Design Changes, Vulnerability Management and Operating System-level changes for the Combat Management System (CMS). This will include development with industry-leading technology including Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewall Appliances, and Linux-based servers.
The candidate will function in a multi-disciplined team environment. Job activities including but not limited to:
- Lead a team of Cyber Security Engineers, including the estimation and prioritization of workloads
- Provide Cyber Security guidance on a wide variety of subjects to the Royal Canadian Navy and the Department of National Defence
- Develop Cyber Security related solutions for the CMS System of the Halifax Class Frigate
- Integration of an intrusion detection system and related security event analytics
- Integration of a firewall appliance, traffic shaping profiles, and network segmentation rules
- Hardening of Linux based operating systems to industry standards published by NIST and ITSG-33
- Hands-on development with the CMS of the Halifax Class Frigate
- Occasional on ship support as required
- Cyber Security Incident Response and Support as required
- System architecture, design, and integration
- Cyber Security Risk-Based prioritization of system changes and issues.
- Perform Design reviews in order to identify potential Cyber Security issues.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or accreditations in cybersecurity engineering combined with applicable experience.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in cybersecurity, systems engineering, or a related field
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- System Architecture and Design experience.
- Risk Management experience.
- Linux Familiarity.
- Network Engineering Familiarity.
- Familiarity with Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, and Security Controls testing.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) an asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large-scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full-time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.