The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert working within the training team environment and will contribute to LM Canada training projects by being responsible for:
- Identifying and contributing to the Master Training Plan and training material as it directly relates to a variety of navies’ standards including the Qualification
- Standard and Plan and related policy documentation
- Authoring Master Lesson Plans and conducting related activities including media analysis and production of student handouts, instructor guides, quizzes, tests, assignments and other presentation materials based predominately on a knowledge of the Combat Management System (CMS) and its subsystems
- Establishing a detailed understanding with regards to the Combat Operator and Combat Engineering Training courses/standards
- Conducting training delivery as an instructor or eLearning facilitator, including lectures, presentations, demonstrations, practical hands-on leadership, assignments, tests, quizzes, marking and associated administration
- Supporting Computer-Based Training activities through data collection, storyboarding/scripting, reviews, workshops and other related activities
- Supporting the courseware review cycle by adapting and evolving training materials and documentation based on customer review activities and through regular liaison with technical and development staff
- Remaining flexible in working hours but with an understanding that instructors must be fully prepared to commence instruction by 0800 daily during instructional periods.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Recent experience or a demonstrated capacity to develop training material and instruct in a classroom environment
- Background in Technician trade or experience as a Combat System technician is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the Command and Control Systems and related subsystems
- A solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite including MS Project
- Training and experience with training needs analysis, course scheduling, training materials authoring and training conduct is a must
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education with a minimum of five years of professional experience
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
About Lockheed Martin Canada
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 105,000 people worldwide. For 80 years, we have been Canada’s trusted defence partner specializing in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Today, Lockheed Martin Canada has grown into a highly diversified global enterprise that is fully integrated within our parent company’s four core business areas: Rotary & Mission Systems, Aeronautics, Space, and Missiles and Fire Controls.
We are a global leader in systems integration, software development and large scale program management, and we are Canada’s premier supplier of electronic defence and surveillance systems. We serve a diverse customer base ranging from the Department of National Defence, to local and provincial governments, Indigenous and remote communities, as well as Defence and Commercial industries located in Canada and abroad. Lockheed Martin Canada represents 1,000 employees living and working in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria, as well within customer locations across the country.
Across all programs, we manage approximately 1500 contracts with companies of all sizes and from all regions. Since 2008, Lockheed Martin’s business operations, investments in R&D and contracts in Canada have generated $3.8 million in GDP, led to 36,521 full time jobs in Canada, provided 170 co-op student opportunities, generated $2.5 billion in wages and exported more than $2 billion in products and services.