Our agile development team is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer to join our growing team! In this role, you will work on our front-end Warehouse Management software system using Angular, TypeScript, and Bootstrap. You will be involved in all areas of development, from design, up to and including, testing. You will also work closely with our South African team so periodic early mornings may be necessary to hit key milestones or deliverables. Early mornings are not a requirement of this role, however, being adaptable and cognizant of time differences allows us to provide our South African clients with exceptional service and on time deliverables.
This role is a remote position based in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with an agile scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on a variety of technologies including C#, Angular, Bootstrap, and TypeScript.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Participate in scrum meetings, peer-coding sessions, and code-review.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Use Jira to create and update tasks and document the communication around the execution of tasks.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Collaborate and communicate with your team in meetings and one-on-one sessions.
- Work with, use, and test several different products.
- Independently work on tasks and report updates or problems to the team lead.
- Package and support the deployment of releases.
- University or college degree in Computer Science or related programs.
- Experience in TypeScript, Angular.
- Experience with Bootstrap, SCSS, REST APIs.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Ability to convert UI/UX prototypes into fully functional client-side applications.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Familiarity with version control concepts.
- Being adaptable to periodically work in the South Africa time zone to meet the needs of customers and project deliverables.
- Group benefits plan.
- Generous Health Spending account.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Paid time off.
- 35-hr work week.
- On-going training & development platform.
- Half-day Fridays in August.
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #SD500