Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Maplewave is looking for an experienced Business Technical Analyst to join our Delivery team. The Business Technical Analyst will work with the team to deploy enterprise solutions and will report to the Director of Solutions. A Business Technical Analyst typically engages with customers, partners, 3rd party vendors, and internal stakeholders to develop functional designs to guide the development of complex integrations.
This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office in Nova Scotia or be 100% remote in Canada.
- Gather and interpret business requirements from external and internal stakeholders.
- Design and map data between both internal and external systems.
- Develop and document detailed functional specifications in partnership with the Software Development team.
- Act as the customer proxy to the Development team and provide answers and clarifications throughout development.
- Support Solution Architects and Project Managers in the ongoing delivery of projects, including but not limited to Training and Implementation.
- Assist in managing a change request process when new requirements surface.
- Create “Statement of Work” documents that break down the level of effort and cost based on functional design.
- Work with Technical Writers to create training documents and user guides.
- 5+ years of experience in development and/or as a Business Analyst/Technical/Functional Analyst role developing functional designs.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software programs and hardware; must be proficient in commonly used business software such as Microsoft Office.
- BSc. Computer Science or Engineering, Software Diploma, Technical Diploma, or related professional experience.
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs.
- Experience working with Linux.
Additional experience that would be preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of Ruby and .Net.
- Familiarity with back-end Enterprise systems including ERP, Billing, and Authentication.
- Experience working in a retail environment (telco retail preferred).
- Project Management Certification.
Work With Us
- Group benefits plan
- RRSP matching
- Generous Health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- On-going training and development platform
- Half-day Fridays in August
To learn more about who we are and what we do, check out: https://www.maplewave.com/about/about-us
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference BTA300
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.