Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Operations & Delivery, the Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) is ultimately responsible for all information technology systems including networks, applications, and databases. Additionally, the Director of ITS is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of corporate IT functions, aligning infrastructure, security, development, and support objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies.
The Director of ITS also provides leadership to the customer support and IT management teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL IT
- Ensure production, Test/QA, and Development environments are up, running, and responsive.
- Serve as the key architect for and oversee the management of all aspects of Maplewave’s IT Infrastructure both on-premise and in the cloud .
- Orchestrate resources and workloads to manage data and systems in the cloud, audit security, and take proactive measures to keep Maplewave and our customer data safe.
- Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software, storage, and cloud environments.
- Budget responsibility for hardware infrastructure purchases, Amazon Web Services, and internal IT costs.
- Keep up with new and trending technologies, look for innovative solutions that would bring competitive advantage, lower costs, better performance, and increased productivity.
- Implement department goals, while providing feedback and coaching to your team.
- Assign responsibilities and workload to others.
- Manage on-call schedules and vacation time.
- Identify and provide training to ensure the ITS Team is fully qualified and up to date.
- Mentor and educate investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders regarding the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Engage with business leaders and clients to understand needs and translate them into technology-driven solutions.
- Provide thought leadership to drive strategy and innovation across the organization.
- Contribute to strategic planning decisions with the Leadership Team.
- Work with the Development Team to shape the environment, run projects, and provide feedback regarding ongoing projects and demands.
- Work closely with Product Management regarding technology solutions for product development and directly with other corporate leaders.
- Provide direction and leadership to resolve problems and general guidance.
- Mentor direct reports, coach, and assist in their professional development.
- Support and direct our Client Services Team to ensure that best-in-class work and support are delivered on time and on budget, to the highest degree of client satisfaction.
- Align team departmental goals and objectives, and performance management.
- Support Human Resource questions and manage attendance for required client support.
- Promote effective teamwork, knowledge sharing, and the coordination of tasks while holding team members accountable for achieving team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology-related field or equivalent.
- Certification in Networking and Security, ITIL Infosec, and/or Linux.
- Strong leadership skills.
- An ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, strong troubleshooting, and an ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and flexible to work extended hours.
- Technical knowledge in
- Infrastructure design, administration, and troubleshooting
- Linux Systems administration
- Information Security
- Disaster Recovery Services
- Public Cloud Services and Process Automation
- Container Technology (Docker/Kubernetes) considered an asset.
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.