Dartmouth, NS or 100% Remote in Canada
Reference #: FSD300
Hi, We’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Development team is looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The incumbent will achieve unit tested code, meet coding and architecture standards, and conform to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role is a remote position due to current public health restrictions, and in the future, there can be an opportunity to work from our office or remain 100% remote based in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Managers and team leads to understand requirements, features, and resolve scope, schedule, and design issues collaboratively.
- Participate in design, planning, and implementation phase of releases.
- Participate in estimation sessions identifying time estimates, milestones, tasks, write, or co-write milestone documents.
- Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
- Fix code errors as reported and maintain codebases in GIT.
- Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
- Write and maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
- Familiarity with client/server application development.
- Familiarity with building REST APIs
- Experience working with Containerized environments.
- Knowledge of relational databases and experience with SQL.
- Experience working with Git and GitLab or GitHub
- Familiarity with good architecture and software design principles.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, relational database design, and querying concepts.
- Experience working with a remote team of developers.
- Familiarity with a Linux environment.
- Group benefits plan
- Health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- On-going training & development platform
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.