Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
This role will be a Canada-based remote position because of current public health restrictions.
Reporting to the SVP of Operations & Delivery, the Project Manager will directly support, plan, coordinate, direct, and lead the delivery of medium to large scale software development projects. The incumbent will define the scope of effort required to meet objectives and provide guidance to internal teams and stakeholders through team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Develop project objectives based on predefined customer strategies.
- Define activities, sequences of events, dependencies, and duration of tasks required to complete projects.
- Manage resources and materials committed to projects.
- Provide direction and decision-making for problem resolution.
- Execute corporate operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality, and change control processes.
- Coordinate, approve and track all project-related expenses.
- Assess and manage the risk of strategic, technical, financial, political, and/or business factors impacting the project.
- Coordinate across all corporate and regional departments and disciplines to ensure the timeliness and quality of product and service deliverables to projects.
- Act as a primary point of contact between Maplewave and the customer project team.
- Write weekly progress reports, identify internal and external factors that may jeopardize projects, escalate issues, and recommend solutions to stakeholders.
- Analyze, review, and forecast project spending in collaboration with Accounting.
- Coordinate post-project policy reviews and procedures to improve future project performance.
- Participate in weekly resourcing and project status meetings with other project managers and technical leads.
- Complete post-project reviews.
- Work with the appropriate Customer Success Managers to ensure the Account Lead is well versed in all project risks and customer issues.
- 5+ years of applicable project management experience with demonstrated success delivering systems on time in an IT and/or Telecommunications sector.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in Software Development lifecycles is considered an asset.
- Exposure to Agile or Iterative Development methodologies is considered an asset.
- Proven verbal and written business communication skills.
- High-degree of problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to lead and assign tasks for project teams.
- Proven experience with client management and direct client interactions.
- Self-motivated and objective-oriented.
- Ability to work well as a part of a PMO team to negotiate timelines and priorities.
- Previous experience working in/with a Retail POS or other retail software experience is an asset.
- Being adaptable to work in different time zones to meet the needs of customers and project deliverables.
Work With Us
- Group benefits plan
- Health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- On-going training & development platform
- Half Days on Friday in August
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.