Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our development team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Full Stack Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The Senior Full Stack Developer will achieve unit tested code, meeting coding and architecture standards, and conforming to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests, providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role will be a remote position because of current public health restrictions, and in the future, there is a chance to work from our office or be 100% remote based in Canada.
- Work with Product Managers, Analysts, PMO, and other team leads to understand requirements and features, as well as collaboratively resolve scope, schedule, and design issues.
- Manage a team of developers in a remote setting.
- Participate in design and implementation phase of releases.
- Participate in estimation sessions to identify time estimates, milestones, tasks, and write or co-write milestone documents.
- Resolve issues throughout the development phase and troubleshoot deployment issues.
- Fix code errors and maintain code bases in GIT.
- Participate in UAT and pre-UAT testing and discussions.
- Maintain documents for design and implementation standards, configuration, and deployments.
- Support Business Analysts in writing statements of work, functional designs, and fix bug reports (JIRA).
- Mentor and assist junior team members with design and architecture issues.
- 6+ years of software development experience in web application development.
- 1+ years of experience with Docker and containerization.
- Expert knowledge of one or more programming languages, including Ruby/Rails, C++, Java, HTML/CSS, C#, and .Net.
- Familiarity with both Linux OS and Windows.
- Functional and unit testing experience.
- Proficient SQL skills.
- Knowledge of web design and UI design best practices.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
- Experience working with and/or managing a remote team of developers spread across the world.
Work With Us
- Group benefits plan.
- Health spending account.
- Paid time off.
- 35-hr work week.
- On-going training & development platform.
- Half-day Fridays in August.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference #SFSD400.
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.