Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our agile development team is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer to join our growing team! In this role, you will work on our front-end Warehouse Management software system using Angular, TypeScript, and Bootstrap. You will be involved in all areas of development, from design, up to and including, testing. This is a remote position based in Canada and will also work closely with our South African team so periodic early mornings may be necessary to hit key milestones or deliverables. Not to worry though, an early start means an early finish to your day!
- Work with an agile scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on a variety of technologies including C#, Angular, Bootstrap, and TypeScript.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Participate in scrum meetings, peer-coding sessions, and code-review.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Use Jira to create and update tasks and document the communication around the execution of tasks.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Collaborate and communicate with your team in meetings and one-on-one sessions.
- Work with, use, and test several different products.
- Independently work on tasks and report updates or problems to the team lead.
- Package and support the deployment of releases.
- University or college degree in Computer Science or related programs.
- Experience in TypeScript, Angular.
- Experience with Bootstrap, SCSS, REST APIs.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Ability to convert UI/UX prototypes into fully functional client-side applications.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Familiarity with version control concepts.
- Being adaptable to periodically work in the South Africa time zone to meet the needs of customers and project deliverables.
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.