The Solutions Analyst will work with telco and other business unit leaders to facilitate the initiation of assigned projects, as well as participate in the identification and development of functional system requirements. The analyst will elicit requirements using a variety of methods and analysis; critically evaluate the information and translate it into conceptual designs, and play the lead role in training Maplewave’s clients during project implementation.
This role will be a Canada-based remote position because of current public health restrictions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refine Business Requirement Documents (BRD) or User Requirement Specifications (URS) into solution design.
- Guide clients on best retail business practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and developers while maintaining industry best practices.
- Review/deliver associated functional designs and test plans.
- Contribute to the overall product and deployment method quality assurance.
- Act as an Implementation lead from the UAT phase of the project by supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Business User Acceptance Testing (BUAT), and lead train-the-trainer sessions prior to the rollout of Maplewave’s products across retail stores.
- Process change/best practice recommendations for customers post solution implementation.
- Responsible for all solutions issues including escalation, resourcing, and implementation.
- Provide on-site implementation support and training.
- Manage and communicate the hand-off to the production support team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s business environment and how Maplewave will integrate/relate to the client’s operations.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field of study or comparable industry experience.
- 5+ years experience in a functional or business consulting role (within the telco industry is desired).
- Prior retail management experience is an asset, preferably in telco retail stores.
- Good fundamental knowledge of all retail solution aspects (IT, integrations, business)/
- Understanding of IT concepts, software architectures, and development tools.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems is nice to have.
- Group benefits plan
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- On-going training & development platform
- Half-day Fridays in August
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.