Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
- Collect and document user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Participate in scrum meetings, peer-coding sessions, and code-review.
- Follow high-quality development principles, while delivering solutions.
- Use Jira to maintain tasks and document the communication around the execution of tasks.
- Resolve technical and application problems.
- Collaborate with the team in meetings and one-on-one sessions.
- Work with, use, and test several different products.
- Independently work on tasks and report updates or problems to a team lead.
- Package and help deploy releases.
- Experience working on an agile development team using a Kanban framework.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Previously worked with a version control system.
- Familiarity with clean coding and software design principles.
- Passionate about delivering quality products and great user experiences.
- Proficient in evaluating and implementing new and emerging technologies.
- An understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and relational database design and querying concepts.
- Some experience working with a remote team of developers.
- Familiarity with a Linux environment.
Work With Us
- Group benefits plan
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Paid time off
- 35-hr work week
- On-going training & development platform
- Half-day Fridays in August
Maplewave is the premier provider of software and retail optimization services for the telecommunications (telco) industry. Since the early 1990s, we’ve purpose-built our products and services to solve telco’s unique challenges. Our offerings transform our customers into market leaders by giving them unparalleled insight into every aspect of their retail operations and delivering an enhanced customer experience.
Today, our software is used in over 40 countries. In certain places, you can’t buy a mobile phone without using Maplewave software.
Our original products were built for retailers by retailers. Our real-world experience underpins everything we do, no matter the industry. Many of our earliest customers were pharmacy and general retailers – many of whom we continue to serve today.
At the heart of Maplewave is our proprietary Amplifier process. For businesses that are struggling to remain competitive or are just trying to understand what comes next, our consultants offer thought leadership and expertise on all aspects of their business to hone their strategic direction.
We also drive transformation through our products. Designed for telco, our modular, end-to-end retail platform unites every element of the wireless retail environment to deliver true business insight and a seamless customer experience.
Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Maplewave’s global footprint includes major footholds in South Africa, the U.K. and Dubai.