About the job
IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Project Manager, Acumatica for our growing Technology Solutions team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability. Specifically, our recognized Technology Consulting team works with clients to translate technology issues and opportunities into meaningful results that meet organizational needs.
ROLE @ MNP
- Manage the organization of key client projects; ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget and scope
- Manage the assigned budget, ensure regular reporting on budget burn down
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks, including identifying, documenting, evaluating, mitigating and managing, and appropriately communicating risks and issues.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure a flawless execution of projects
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders; ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Monitor project timelines against targets and adjust where necessary; advise management of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with their parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably in computer science or engineering
- Completion of additional certifications (e.g. PMP, PRINCE II) is considered an asset. Specific experience with Acumatica systems is an asset
- Experience with ERP oriented solutions such as Acumatica, Sage or Workday
- Minimum of 9 years of proven project management experience in software delivery
- Solid technical background with understanding, or hands-on experience, in software development and web technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background in business, management, budgeting and analysis
- Thrive when planning projects and working with project teams
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others that make an impact and persuade their intended audience(s)
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service, proactively identifies client needs and creates strategies to proficiently serve clients
- Forward Thinking – anticipates the implications of situations, takes appropriate action as needed and prepares for possible contingencies
- Agility with Change – initiates, sponsors and implements change by taking a facilitative catalyst role
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Influencing Others – gains team members’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
About MNP LLP
With more than 90 offices across the country, MNP provides tailored expertise in a wide range of business consulting services. The MNP Tech Solutions Team delivers technology advisory, customer platforms, applied data, digital enterprise, intelligent applications, and cyber security and privacy services.