IT STARTS HERE.
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest-growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our growing Technology Solutions team. Driving business excellence, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Consulting team works with organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to provide innovative strategies tailored to maximize efficiencies, enhance performance and increase profitability. Specifically, our recognized Technology Consulting team works with clients to translate technology issues and opportunities into meaningful results that meet organizational needs.
ROLE @ MNP
- Manage the organization of key client projects; ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget and scope
- Manage the assigned budget, ensure regular reporting on budget burn down
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks, including identifying, documenting, evaluating, mitigating and managing, and appropriately communicating risks and issues.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure a flawless execution of projects
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders; ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Monitor project timelines against targets and adjust where necessary; advise management of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with their parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP through discussions at community events including client and company sponsored functions
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably in computer science or engineering
- Completion of additional certifications (e.g. PMP, PRINCE II) is considered an asset
- Minimum of 9 years of proven project management experience in software delivery
- Solid technical background with understanding, or hands-on experience, in software development and web technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background in business, management, budgeting and analysis
- Thrive when planning projects and working with project teams
- Some travel may be required
About MNP LLP
With more than 90 offices across the country, MNP provides tailored expertise in a wide range of business consulting services. The MNP Tech Solutions Team delivers technology advisory, customer platforms, applied data, digital enterprise, intelligent applications, and cyber security and privacy services.