MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Broadband and Wireless Services, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA’s Managed Services Practice includes both internal (400+ users) and external clients that are National in scope.
MOBIA is currently recruiting a Senior Service Desk (Tier 3) to join our team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Providing support to LAN and WAN technologies and devices, including firewalls, switches, and various technologies such as SDWAN, MPLS, etc.
- Providing support to Wintel, MAC and Linux based systems for both internal and external customers.
- Provide Tier 3 End-user system support for escalated support requests for internal staff, including on-site and remote desktop support.
- Provide aid and computing support for escalated external, managed services customers.
- Provide server support and maintenance for both Wintel and Linux environments. Including basic server setup, storage / SAN support, monitoring, maintenance, patching and general support.
- Provide network support and maintenance across various networking devices through the internal and external LAN, WAN, and Internet client systems.
- Build, configure and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Perform and troubleshoot application installations/deployments and upgrades with new releases.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure end-users equipment, servers, networked equipment, and research equipment are in working order.
- Work with standard service desk processes and best practices to update and maintain documentation, support tickets, logs and other regular administrative and procedural activities.
- Providing high-level support and will overlap with some duties of other IT support staff: troubleshoot and resolve problems with servers, personal computers, workstations, laptops, peripherals, and/or network systems etc.; perform hardware and software installation, configuration, upgrades and enhancements
- Other special duties as assigned
Experience and skills required:
- 5+ years of advanced desktop support and advanced system administration experience
- 5+ years of advanced networking support with LAN and WAN technologies
- Expertise and demonstrated experience with various firewall systems including Fortinet, Sonic, Azure firewalls, Cisco, Sophos, Barracuda, and others
- Expertise and demonstrated experience with various LAN WAN switches including Cisco, HP and others
- Experience with support and administration of traditional productivity applications including but not limited to: MS Office, Office 365, Trend Micro products, SAP, Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with traditional IT support tools and systems like remote desktop, ticketing systems and monitoring and logging tools
- Previous experience with the setup and maintenance of public cloud technologies like AWS, Azure – especially Azure and Office 365.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments as well as traditional infrastructure such as HPE, Aruba, Cisco, Dell, Nutanix, Fortinet etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Professional certifications a plus
MOBIA continuously strives to build an amazing place to work. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Mobia Technology Innovations
Mobia Technology Innovations provides products and services to the telecommunications and private IT enterprise. Their products/services now range from single function solutions required for the implementation of a specific network element, to large turn-key projects providing customers with service ready solutions. Planning, design, integration, operations and support capabilities serving telecommunications service providers, oil and gas, health care, education and government.