At MobSquad, you will be part of a Canada-based team working remotely with a leading US scale-up. Your team will operate alongside many other talented developers and data scientists in Canada, and you will be an integral part of the tech community that MobSquad has built.
The role requires someone who has a demonstrated ability in a data science or machine learning position. The ideal candidate will be able to apply statistical analysis and modeling techniques to datasets or various sizes, advance existing initiatives, and explore opportunities to pursue new and previously unexplored research topics across various industries and domains.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have advanced skills in Python
- You have experience with data analysis tools (e.g., R, NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, SQL)
- You have over five years of experience applying state of the art computer vision and NLP techniques to extract data from unstructured sources
- You have experience with exploratory data analysis and developing predictive models (regression, classification, clustering) on terabyte-sized structured and unstructured datasets
- You have experience applying statistical methods (e.g., distribution analysis, classification, clustering, etc.)
- You have strong coding skills with data-frames on platforms including Pandas, Spark, R, and MATLAB
- You have proven experience working in cloud-based systems including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have demonstrated ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (e.g., code review, unit testing, revision control)
What You’ll Get @ MobSquad
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (e.g., medical, dental, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, transit), and RRSP (retirement savings)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily accessible transit
For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years
At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures software engineers with US work visa challenges remain working with their current company, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished via MobSquad's unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for software engineers and their respective families within four to six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within six to eight months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global talent which it relocates to Canada and pairs with clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping technology firms not only retain their existing world-class talent base, but grow it substantially. MobSquad manages the ongoing administrative processes of having talent in Canada including immigration support, resettlement services, payroll, legal, tax, human resources, real estate, benefits administration, and accounting.
For more information, visit https://www.mobsquad.io/.