We are a well-funded, hyper-growth, scale-up looking for an experienced Media Developer. If you’ve ever dreamed of working with a top tier technology company scale-up, on leading-edge technologies, backed by the very best venture capitalists in the world, then this is your chance.
Some details about MobSquad:
- MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey “virtual” Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures technology professionals with US work visa challenges remain working with their current company, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished via MobSquad’s unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for technology professionals and their respective families within four to six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within six to eight months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global technology talent which it relocates to Canada and pairs with American as well as Canadian clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping firms not only retain their existing world-class technology talent base, but grow it substantially.
- We’re a Certified B corporation, and have made numerous contributions to charitable organizations, as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We believe we are playing a key role in enhancing Canada’s innovation economy, and have received financial support from the Government of Canada, Province of Alberta, Province of Nova Scotia, and City of Calgary, to support this ambition.
- For our workplace culture, we were recognized as the 3rd best place to work in Canada (for a small company) in 2020, as well as recognized specifically for being one of the best workplaces nationally for: inclusion; mental wellness; giving back; youth; and technology. We were also recognized as one of the best start-ups to work for across Canada.
- For our innovative business model, we have been featured in numerous media outlets including: Asian Pacific Post; BetaKit; Bloomberg; CBC; Global News; Gothamist; International Business Times; MIT Technology Review; Nearshore Americas; Nikkei Asian Review; NPR; The Economic Times of India; The Financial Times; The Globe and Mail; The Information; The New York Times; and The Washington Post.
- Harvard Business School published a case study on MobSquad last fall, and Harvard Business Review featured us multiple times in an article that appeared on the cover of their November/December 2020 edition.
- You can learn more about us on our website.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
This client is listed as one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Money, one of Fortune’s Best Places to work in the Bay Area, and are in Forbes Fintech 50. By bringing together brilliant cryptographers, security experts, data scientists, compliance analysts, software developers, Silicon Valley and Wall Street veterans, this company has revolutionized payment systems – and they are looking to hire the best and brightest.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be a Senior Software Engineer in Canada for one of our high growth, exciting US-based scale-ups. You will be contributing to the next generation of payment applications, revolutionizing the existing transactional infrastructure. This client leverages the most advanced blockchain technology to improve and optimize how transactions are managed. This global technology is expanding quickly with clients all over the world, including American Express, Santander, FairFX, and MoneyGram.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable field from an accredited institution
- You have over eight years of experience in a hands-on software development role
- You have a background working with financial services, trading, or payment systems
- You have a deep understanding of Java and it’s ecosystem
- You have knowledge of the microservice architecture
- You have experience building a platform architecture using microservices, cloud services, and big data
- You have experience developing highly scalable, distributed, and performant enterprise software
- You have experience working with database technologies and Amazon Web Services
- You have demonstrated the ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices
WHAT YOU’LL GET @MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (e.g., medical, dental, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, transit) and RRSP (retirement savings)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates, sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years.
- At MobSquad, we support and encourage building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for all. We invite and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
MobSquad solves the significant and growing technology talent shortage faced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by enabling its clients to quickly have a turnkey "virtual" Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad ensures software engineers with US work visa challenges remain working with their current company, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished via MobSquad's unique partnership with the Canadian Government, enabling work visas to be issued for software engineers and their respective families within four to six weeks, and Canadian permanent residency within six to eight months. Additionally, MobSquad has unfettered access to top-tier global talent which it relocates to Canada and pairs with clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, helping technology firms not only retain their existing world-class talent base but grow it substantially. MobSquad manages the ongoing administrative processes of having talent in Canada including immigration support, resettlement services, payroll, legal, tax, human resources, real estate, benefits administration, and accounting.