What you will be doing…
You will be responsible to the campus/region for the leadership of skills in acquiring, designing, testing, implementing, operating and supporting computing and communication resources for the Nova Scotia Community College. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support of IT operations, including operation of computer software, hardware and network resources. You will ensure the timely delivery of education and administration services to students and staff both in-person and virtually (online) and participate in the planning and execution of IT related projects.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field with relevant industry certification.
- You have completed or are actively pursuing one or more of the following designations: CompTIA A+; Microsoft MCP; AppleCare Technician.
- You have a minimum of three years of recent and related occupational experience in planning, testing, and troubleshooting networked computer systems.
- Occupational experience that includes directing and guiding IT staff would be considered an asset.
- Experience with IT/AV systems such as data projectors, SmartBoards and video conferencing equipment would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, PC, Mac, server, network hardware, operating systems, networking and applications
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience in training/facilitation preparation, delivery and evaluation would be considered an asset
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset
- You have a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in information technology.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to customer service.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to information technology
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence
- You are dedicated to life-long learning
Work With Us
- You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
- You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
- You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
- You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi’kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
About Nova Scotia Community College
We are Nova Scotia Community College. Our mission is to help “Build Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation.” We offer more than 120 advanced skill programs in five academic schools, serving the whole province through a network of 13 campuses. Fully 86% of our graduates are employed, most in their field of choice; close to 90% have chosen to live and work in Nova Scotia.
NSCC is a modern comprehensive community college that has established itself as Canada’s Portfolio College. This unique foundation is the base from which NSCC delivers educational opportunities that are responsive, value-based and keenly honed to the skills graduates need to enter the workplace.