Through a systematic model of communications and service, and through reporting to the Associate Registrar, Admissions Operations and Services, the Systems and Communications Coordinator (SCC) works closely with members of the Enrolment and Registrar team and other business units to support a strong student experience.
Responsible for supporting the development and refinement of a student communications framework, you will use technology, data, and strong written and oral communications skills to advance the student experience. You will collaborate with various stakeholders and on the development, management, troubleshooting and service implications of student communications. Through a lens of continuous improvement, you will refine the communications model by recommending process improvements and efficiencies. You will also play a key role in the coordination and advancement of service delivery.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand your position as a role model to each of our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate the diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and the sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary diploma in Business, Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of recent and related occupational experience in a data management environment.
- You have specialized knowledge and experience in XML and/or HTML.
- You have excellent writing and communications skills.
- Occupational experience that includes the development and deployment of customer or client-focused communications would be considered an asset.
- Advanced training and experience in customer relationship management tools such as PeopleSoft would be considered an asset.
- You have a demonstrable skill set using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Visio, and Word.)
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology, and you are committed to using technology in advance your work
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and can interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to managing competing priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and demonstrable skill in XML, HTML and customer relationship management systems
- You have the ability to be self-directed and work both autonomously and in teams
About Nova Scotia Community College
We are Nova Scotia Community College. Our mission is to help “Build Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation.” We offer more than 120 advanced skill programs in five academic schools, serving the whole province through a network of 13 campuses. Fully 86% of our graduates are employed, most in their field of choice; close to 90% have chosen to live and work in Nova Scotia.
NSCC is a modern comprehensive community college that has established itself as Canada’s Portfolio College. This unique foundation is the base from which NSCC delivers educational opportunities that are responsive, value-based and keenly honed to the skills graduates need to enter the workplace.