What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Manager DI & Tech and with mentoring from the DI & Tech Lead your primary responsibilities will be providing Tier 1 level IT support via phone, live-chat, e-mail, and in-person.
As part of the Technology Service Desk, you will record daily work activities using the ITSM ticket management system, ensure accurate opening and closing of tickets, providing appropriate information that supports overall service analysis and long-term planning. You will provide first level technical support for service requests, analyzing potential solutions and risks. You will also troubleshoot user access to network accounts. You will provide primary technical support for smart classrooms and educational technology (including setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs).
You will support both Windows and macOS desktops and laptops as well as perform basic printer maintenance. You will work to support a network and equipment used for educational purposes. You will configure and provide technical support for smartphones and tablets for Wi-Fi, etc.
What we are looking for…
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity, and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency, and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate the diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and the sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
A degree or diploma in the Information Technology related field. Relevant industry certifications will be considered an asset.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations Version 3/2011/4 certification.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification.
- Network+ certification.
- A+ certification
- The successful candidate must be willing to maintain certifications.
This is an entry-level position. We welcome applications from recent graduates.
The incumbent must possess:
- Ability to plan, test, troubleshoot stand-alone and networked (wired and wireless) computer systems
- Exposure to IT/AV systems such as data projectors, SmartBoards and video conferencing
- Familiarity with PC, Mac and server hardware, operating systems and applications
- Multi-task and organizational skills
- Customer-focused with strong communication skills
- Occupational experience in the technology and/or educational fields would be considered an asset.
You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, Microsoft Azure AD, In-Tune, SCCM, GIS Applications
You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology, and you are committed to using technology in advance your work
Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License is required.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in PC, Mac and mobile hardware, server and networking hardware, operating systems and applications
You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
You are a strong communicator both written and oral
You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to project management)
You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to needs collection and analysis)
About Nova Scotia Community College
We are Nova Scotia Community College. Our mission is to help “Build Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation.” We offer more than 120 advanced skill programs in five academic schools, serving the whole province through a network of 13 campuses. Fully 86% of our graduates are employed, most in their field of choice; close to 90% have chosen to live and work in Nova Scotia.
NSCC is a modern comprehensive community college that has established itself as Canada’s Portfolio College. This unique foundation is the base from which NSCC delivers educational opportunities that are responsive, value-based and keenly honed to the skills graduates need to enter the workplace.