The Project Coordinator, Marine & Defence Initiatives, will report to the Manager of Major Projects, and will be responsible for project coordination as it relates to the design, development and delivery of courses that span all Academic Schools. You may also support other secondary initiatives, in the marine and defence sectors, as they relate to this major project. This work includes relationship building, communication, collaboration, and supports all facets of project coordination including but not limited to labour market research, planning, development, proposal writing, marketing, budgeting, implementation, problem solving, accurate and timely communication, timelines, reporting and evaluation with multiple and diverse internal and external stakeholders. Convening and coordinating meetings among key stakeholders will be a key task in this role.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and external stakeholders and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centred perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a relevant bachelor’s degree or diploma in a field such as, but not limited to business administration, education, engineering technologies, or another relevant discipline
- A Bachelor of Education or additional training/certification in Adult Education, Program Planning and Evaluation, Project Management would be considered an asset
- Certification and/or training in project management would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of recent and related occupational experience in full coordination of project activities including but not limited to the coordination and the development, of marketing, delivery and evaluation of projects, or the recognized equivalencies.
- Occupational experience that includes a proven ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in order to propose recommendations would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, Brightspace and Peoplesoft.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology, and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience
- Occasionally work will be required in the evening and weekends
- Occasional travel outside of NS will be required
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact with a diversity of people and support the resolution of issues
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in an environment or on projects related to training and/or research in the marine, oceans and defence sectors
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You have the ability to navigate a complex organizational structure, in order to build and maintain relationships, for the greater good of large projects.
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination and organizational skills specifically related to training and/or research initiatives related to workforce development
- You have strong project management skills.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence.
- You are dedicated to lifelong learning.
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement.
About Nova Scotia Community College
We are Nova Scotia Community College. Our mission is to help “Build Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation.” We offer more than 120 advanced skill programs in five academic schools, serving the whole province through a network of 13 campuses. Fully 86% of our graduates are employed, most in their field of choice; close to 90% have chosen to live and work in Nova Scotia.
NSCC is a modern comprehensive community college that has established itself as Canada’s Portfolio College. This unique foundation is the base from which NSCC delivers educational opportunities that are responsive, value-based and keenly honed to the skills graduates need to enter the workplace.