Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Manager, IT Security.
Reporting to the VP of Technology on an interim basis, the Manager IT Security leads the development of IT security programs and policies and is accountable for the successful delivery of approved programs across the business.
As the Manager you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a secure technical architecture, developing standardized processes and maintaining compliance with security policies. Additionally, you will support, when required, the day-to-day monitoring, response and enhanced prevention of cyber incidents and threats.
- Manage and lead a team of IT Security, technical and business support specialists
- Participate as part of IT Management to integrate security capabilities and requirements across all required IT processes.
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of security standards, processes, information management, training employees and technology
- Participate in the development and approval of security architecture standards and design
- Participate in the research and development of long-term and immediate cybersecurity strategies, policies and standards
- Monitor, control and report to all stakeholders on the IT Cyber Security program
- Define, justify and manage the funding requirements to deliver IT security services across the business
- Manage and report on the organizational compliance of IT Security policies and standards
- Manage the audit testing activities for information services processes and key controls including Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) requirements and standards
- Develop and promote security awareness through training and education for all levels of the organization on an ongoing basis, ensuring awareness programs address new technologies and emerging threats
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate, you are a strong leader who works to advance a safety culture by placing safety, health and wellness above any business objective. You understand the importance of strong inclusive teams and develop employees to take on challenges and opportunities. As the IT Security Manager, you encourage innovation, lead change to ensure continuous improvement demonstrating integrity, and set clear expectations for a high standard of work performance for yourself and the IT team. Lastly, it is the IT Security Manager’s responsibility to connect every decision to the company strategy and apply sound judgment to translate new ideas into actions.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers, by observing and ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Minimum 15 years experience in the field of information technology security
- Minimum ten years in a managerial or leadership role, responsible for team activities, project deliverables, and budget
- Industry recognized certification in information technology security
- Strong business skills, with the proven ability to establish trusted relationships with key stakeholder groups across the business
- Strong understanding of IT security technology architecture and practices
- Strong knowledge of information technology audit practices and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of threat and risk assessment methodologies
- Demonstrated experience managing internal information technology audit programs
- Understanding of IT general controls and the implementation and assessment of the controls for security purposes
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong influencing, persuasion and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to a variety of deadlines and constraints
Reporting To: VP – Technology (Interim)
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees are based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate the scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee’s application.
About Nova Scotia Power
We provide 95 percent of the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Nova Scotia, and serve 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across the province. Our 1,700 dedicated, safety-focused employees help manage $4.1billion worth of generation, transmission and distribution assets and produce more than 10,000-gigawatt hours of electricity each year. We use a fuel mix including hydro, tidal, wind, coal, oil, biomass and natural gas to generate electricity. Our facilities can generate as much as 2,453 megawatts of electricity that is delivered across 32,000 km of transmission and distribution lines throughout Nova Scotia.