Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety and our customers, we’re committed to providing exceptional electricity service to Nova Scotians and rewarding careers for our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Manager, Tech Project Delivery.
The Manager of Project Delivery oversees projects and develops and maintains project management methodologies, standards, and tools. As the Manager, you will be collaborating with the IT Portfolio Manager and Program Managers while leading a team of Project Managers to ensure that we are executing the right projects the right way. You will be a part of a team that is executing on a broad digital strategy which includes introducing new ways of working. You will monitor the Project or Product pipeline and maintain client relationships throughout the project’s completion. You will ensure that client relationship remain strong and ensure that any client escalation is addressed.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Provide the support and expertise necessary to projects, programs or portfolio management.
- Coach Project Managers on the development and maintenance of detailed comprehensive project schedules, cost estimates, staffing and risk assessments to support the implementation and execution of the projects.
- Support Project Managers as they accept projects from the Portfolio Management team to ensure the launch of the project.
- Collect, structure, and synthesize data provided by the Project Managers
- Monitors project performance on a regular basis and propose and ensures implementation of corrective actions to projects as necessary.
- Set up and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Collect, analyze & report the data to Management to support operational decisions. Interface with other departments that rely on these data for their activities.
- Support the Technology PMO in order to address Project teams’ issues such as resource prioritization.
- Disseminate, implement, and improve standard practices compliant with the gating framework and related tools.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the optimization and documentation of key processes and practices.
- Ensures full compliance to safety programs and practices.
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations. You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
Skills, Capabilities And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent and 15+ years experience leading project teams through IT-intensive projects or programs. The successful candidate must have 10+ years of experience in project management or support plus an understanding of various delivery frameworks. A proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers, clients and a broad range of stakeholders and clients in complex situations is a must. Demonstrated ability to lead the successful delivery of complex technical solutions in a multi-vendor, multi-stakeholder project in addition to having a demonstrated ability to make business decisions on technical issues is mandatory.
- College or university graduate or equivalent working experience.
- A Project Management Professional Designation (PMP) is required. Ideally, the candidate will be a certified Scrum Master or will have the PMI-ACP certification.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging the Capability Maturity Model Integration.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment that leveraged LEAN Six Sigma, Agile delivery frameworks and Human-Centred Design.
- Minimum of 10+ years of working experience leading teams in all phases of a project/program within Information Technology
- The logical approach to problem-solving, persuasive powers, ability to motivate.
- Remain calm under crisis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and Project Management skills.
At Nova Scotia Power, our employees are our greatest strength. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As the ideal candidate, you are a strong leader who works to advance a safety culture by placing safety, health and wellness above any business objective. You understand the importance of strong inclusive teams and develop employees to take on challenges and opportunities. As the Manager, Tech Project Delivery you encourage innovation, lead change to ensure continuous improvement demonstrating integrity, and set clear expectations for a high standard of work performance for yourself and the IT team. Lastly, it is the Manager, Tech Project Delivery’s s responsibility to connect every decision to the company strategy and apply sound judgment to translate new ideas into actions.
About Nova Scotia Power
We provide 95 percent of the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Nova Scotia, and serve 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across the province. Our 1,700 dedicated, safety-focused employees help manage $4.1billion worth of generation, transmission and distribution assets and produce more than 10,000-gigawatt hours of electricity each year. We use a fuel mix including hydro, tidal, wind, coal, oil, biomass and natural gas to generate electricity. Our facilities can generate as much as 2,453 megawatts of electricity that is delivered across 32,000 km of transmission and distribution lines throughout Nova Scotia.