Corporate Accounting Co-op Student
Reference Number : 8919
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Term, FT (January – April 2022)
*** Applications for this position must include a cover letter, resume and academic transcript (unofficial is acceptable). ***
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking for a Corporate Accounting, Co-op Student.
As a member of the Corporate Accounting group, the Corporate Accounting, Co-op Student will provide support in various accounting and reporting duties and related analysis including:
- Assisting with the month-end and quarter-end financial close processes to ensure financial results are complete and accurate including processing of affiliate transactions and related reporting;
- Preparing Balance Sheet account reconciliations;
- Working with other team members to ensure all affiliate transactions are compliant with NS Power’s Affiliate Code of Conduct; and
- Preparing process documentation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for personal safety and that of co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- You must be working towards a Business degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance and have completed the first two years of your degree.
- You must have strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and can work independently to meet deliverables with minimal supervision. You must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and have strong Excel experience.
Reports to: Senior Corporate Accountant
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: To commensurate with qualifications and experience
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than October 8 2021.
Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: At Nova Scotia Power we believe that it is powerful when everyone is included.
We strongly encourage applications from equity groups who have been historically underrepresented, including members of the visible minority community (especially those from historic African Nova Scotian communities), Indigenous peoples (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ community.
If you are selected for an interview and require a specific accommodation, please advise our Talent Acquisition team and we will support you with the recruitment process.
About Nova Scotia Power Inc.
We provide 95 per cent of the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Nova Scotia, and serve 500,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across the province. Our 1,700 dedicated, safety-focused employees help manage $4.1billion worth of generation, transmission and distribution assets and produce more than 10,000 gigawatt hours of electricity each year. We use a fuel mix including hydro, tidal, wind, coal, oil, biomass and natural gas to generate electricity. Our facilities can generate as much as 2,453 megawatts of electricity that is delivered across 32,000 km of transmission and distribution lines throughout Nova Scotia.