Search for Director with Digital/IT Acumen
The Nova Scotia Career Development Association (NSCDA) is a not-for-profit professional organization with approximately 500 members from across the province. The NSCDA’s goal is to strengthen the role of the career development profession within Nova Scotia by providing both guidance and the tools to ensure members can maximize their potential.
One of the main functions of the NSCDA is the certification of Career Development Professionals. When first introduced in 2014, the certification process was voluntary, but in late 2015, the Nova Scotia Government mandated that all client-facing staff working in Nova Scotia Works Centres must be in the process of being certified by July 1, 2018.
The ultimate goal of NSCDA and its members and clients is to work towards having a sufficient, well trained workforce in place in Nova Scotia in the years to come.
Some salient points:
- In 2015, the Province of Nova Scotia outlined a Framework for Delivery of Employment Services. NSCDA is responsible for certification and professional development;
- NSCDA now has a staff of 8 and is in a high growth mode. NSCDA is moving into new premises in June 2019 in order to accommodate the doubling of staff within 2019. The opportunities for additional services and clients are significant.
- The Board has transitioned away from a “Working Board Model” to a “Governance Model” in 2017. In 2018, The Board grew from 5 to 8 Members, ultimately to a maximum of 10.
- The Board of Directors now requires a Board member with a Digital/IT background, in order to provide guidance, insight and oversight on such matters. More and more digital is becoming a critical component in the training and certification processes.
- This is an exciting volunteer opportunity within a vibrant organization, undergoing significant change, on a mission that is critically important to the well being of the Province of Nova Scotia.
For more information please visit NSCDA’s website at www.nscda.ca
If you are interested in this voluntary Leadership/Board of Directors opportunity please contact Andy Cutten of Halifax Global Inc. at 902.491.4483 or at email@example.com