NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a DataOps Cloud Engineer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop Cloud-centric pipelines through Infrastructure as Code components
- Implement open source, vendor and cloud-native pipelines via GitOps model
- Support Data Science and Analytic teams using Python, R and Scala code
- Integrate Data Governance tools using API’s and DevOps
- Develop auto-scaling and self-healing/self-service offerings in the Analytics space at AWS
- Collaborate and partner with counterparts from Security, Enterprise Architecture, and CIO application teams to enable developer agility while ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Help to facilitate a collaborative development approach that encourages and accepts contributions and emphasizes transparency.
- 3+ years of Cloud experience and the ability to articulate the benefits of the cloud using concrete examples of work that has been done in the past.
- 3+ years background in Hadoop administration, DevOps, or developer experience. The emphasis would be on Spark, Hive, NiFi, Impala and Kafka.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Big Data tech stack including EMR, Lambda, Sagemaker, Glue, Kinesis, SMS and other related technologies.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Data Science teams with experience using technologies such as Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda, DataRobot and other platforms that are used to run ML models.
- 3+ years of Python, R, Scala, Go or any other programming language that has been used to run Spark workloads.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing Cloud-centric workloads using monitoring solutions such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and other APM tools.
- Familiarity with running Big Data pipelines in an automated manner using Jenkins, Terraform and any other similar Cloud-based tool.
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade ageing infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.