Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform data analysis to understand systems functionality and leveraging the insights from the exercise to support data integration and data extract specification development.
- Act as a liaison between the developers, analysts, business (including senior leadership), within various technical environments and applications.
- Research, document, explain the flow of data from intake to consumption across multiple applications.
- Map data sources and targets.
- Document the data (create and update metadata documentation): the definition, differences within applications, transformations, vernacular, history, and use.
- Provide guidance to physical data modellers when database changes are needed
- Identify irregularities in data.
- Provide subject matter leadership on projects and to team members.
- Triage, multi-task, perform Adhoc support, field questions from all constituents.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 5 years’ Business Analysis-Data Analysis-Data Modeling
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with querying relational databases (SQL, Oracle, Teradata).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the health insurance industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ within one or more subject areas: claims pricing and adjudication, provider and payor relationships, member enrollment and support, health insurance products, health insurance exchanges, customer account support.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within in a technical or software development environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in one or more technologies: SQL, XML, XSD, JSON, Object Modeling, data warehousing, SAS.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
- Passion for quality and excellence.
- Must be able to work independently, be a self-starter with an investigative mindset, provide consistent accurate analysis and documentation, and possess attention to detail
- Basic understanding of physical and logical data modelling.
- Experience working in a client/consultant contractual relationship is a plus.
- Experience with the MS Suite of tools. Excel will be used extensively.
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade ageing infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.