NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineering Lead to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The candidate for this role must be located within a commutable distance to our office located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. This role will temporarily work remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic until otherwise determined.
Job Responsibilities Include :
- Analysis, design, and development of code changes for break fixes, small enhancements, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicate designs and technical requirements with technical teams and lead the technical implementation of the overall maintenance and small enhancement tasks/initiatives
- Represent maintenance team in review meetings and solution discussions
- Review system requirement documents prepared by strategic partners and ensure business requirements are met from both functional and technical aspects
- Guide and lead the creation of the system and detailed technical design. The Technical Lead is ultimately responsible for sound detailed design
- Investigate new technologies and guide developers to assist in the investigation
- Review proposed solutions by senior engineers and guide them toward an efficient, high performant and secure implementation adhere to industry best practices and standards
- Work with Multiple Associate Technical Leads and other Technical Leads across multiple systems to achieve the project goal for a particular project
- Communicate with the project team, support teams and strategic partners effectively to achieve the solution goals
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Data and Intelligence / ETL Architecture: Implementation of complex, large scale, enterprise-wide projects including analysis, design, core development and delivery
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in application support and maintenance with expertise in Informatica ETL, Informatica Power Center, Informatica MDM and Informatica Data Quality
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres etc.
- Experience in Informatica Cloud and iPaaS
- In-depth knowledge of data integration industry best practices
- Background and knowledge in enterprise data strategy and/or information architecture
- Strong experience leading and working with multi-site and/or off-shore development and support teams
- Ability to perform data-related design reviews and code reviews
- Database & Performance Tuning Knowledge
- Experience in AWS Cloud services such as S3, EC2 and Cloud Formation
- Experience in AWS managed databases such as Redshift and DynamoDB
- Experience working in agile projects
- Experience with Incident Change and Problem Management
- Experience with ITSM Tools (Service Now or Samanage or any other ticket tracking tools)
- Hospitality industry experience
About NTT Data Canada
NTT Data Canada drives outcomes that keep their clients a step ahead in the digitally-dynamic world. Their team of more than 50,000 professionals worldwide works with clients to address the challenges of today and tomorrow – whether it’s helping jump-start a cloud migration, reinvent the customer experience, streamline business processes or upgrade aging infrastructure. As a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global IT services provider with 120,000+ employees in more than 50 countries, they excel in blending IT and business expertise with decades of industry know-how. NTT Data Canada offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios, designed to modernize business and technology to deliver the outcomes that matter most to their clients.